DGF Project - 1st October 2013 – 30th June 2016
Project Title: Strengthening citizens’ capacity to demand for accountability in public service delivery
Districts: Apac, Kole & Oyam (indirectly Lira, Dokolo, Amolatar, Alebtong, and Otuke districts)
- 65 Local CSOs & Member organizations of TAACC
- 216 Independent Budget Monitors (IBMs) from all the 29 sub counties & town councils of Apac, Kole & Oyam districts.
- Approximately 900,000 women and men in the target area.
Project goal: Strengthening local accountability mechanism for effective service delivery to the people of Uganda. Read More
DFID funded project
The project was aimed at improving civic competence in Apac & Oyam districts. The objective of the project was to establish a vibrant community able to articulate defend and demand for their rights and effective service delivery. The three year project was funded by the Department for International Development – DFID.
Other project implemented by TAACC included:
Anti Corruption Week – ACW funded by ACCU, Citizens’ Manifesto funded under Uganda Governance Monitoring Platform – UGMP and Uganda National NGO Forum & Commonwealth Education Fund – CEF through Action Aid International Uganda.
- DFID funded project 2007 – 2010
- USAID- ACT Project: 2008-2009
- OXFAM GB project: 2008-2009
- ACTION AID/ACCU 2010-2013
- Anti Corruption Week – ACW funded by ACCU
- Citizens’ Manifesto funded under Uganda Governance Monitoring Platform UGMP and Uganda National NGO Forum
- Commonwealth Education Fund- CEF through Action Aid International Uganda